Thursday, March 14, 2013

New Adventure #7: Buying a Car

In general, I intend for my new adventures to involve activities I might not have tried otherwise, instead of things that would have happened anyway. This one was a little of both.

I totaled my last car on ice right after Christmas, and I had been looking for a new one (okay, okay, avoiding looking for a new one) since then. I find the process overwhelming. I'm not a "car person". I didn't really know what I wanted, or how to tell which cars were good or good for me. But driving Mom's huge, gas-guzzling Jeep finally got to me, so I resolved to make it a Learning Experience.

I bought my last car a year and a half ago with a LOT of help from my parents. They suggested models, went with me for the test drives, and did most of the negotiating. This time, I did it pretty much by myself. I asked for suggestions on which models to look at, but I narrowed the list, test drove, negotiated, and bought one by myself.

Introducing, my lovely 2009 Honda Fit Sport, Cupcake! That's right, Cupcake ^_^



It's a hatchback, which was one of my main search parameters. I often transport boxes, bikes, and furniture, and I was tired of fighting to cram things in, or balancing them precariously on the roof. Cupcake's rear seats fold flat without even removing the head rests! They're split 60/40, and I discovered the other day that I could fit (haha) a full-sized bike inside with the "60" portion folded down, and seat the bike's ride comfortably buckled into the "40" portion. Delightful!

I'm looking forward to many new adventures together with Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment