Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Adventures



Looking back at 2012, one of the things I'm happiest with is all the new experiences. This past year included:

My first solo vacation - to Toronto and Niagara Falls
Starting aerials lessons - aerial silks and cloud swing
Starting dabbling in other circus arts - tightrope, trampoline
Crafting as a new hobby
Baking as a new hobby
Discovering the delights of cider 
First time at Firefly
Staying the night at Arisia for the first time
First time blues dancing
First game of golf on a real course 
Golfing as a new hobby
First time kayaking 
Buying my first tablet
Watching the last presidential debate in a Toronto bar with a group of expat Americans
Visiting a conservatory
First time to an electro-swing dance
A cake decorating class 
Swimming and picnics at Walden Pond
First trivia competition
Visiting the Waltham Steampunk festival
First Broadway show 

I've decided to continue the trend in 2013. I've resolved to seek one new experience every week of the coming year. My first was yesterday, my birthday. 

I went downhill skiing at Mount Sunapee Resort in New Hampshire. 

On the lift to the lower slopes
I'd actually been skiing once or twice before, but this was my first time skiing on real powder and my first time skiing alone. I'm going to count it :)

It turned out to be quite an adventure! I managed to go tumbling three times in my first two runs, but I eventually started to get the hang of it. Two hours of skiing completely exhausted me, but I'm looking forward to going back soon!

So, I'm looking for new adventures! Can anybody suggest a fun, interesting, or challenging experience that might be new to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment