Monday, September 3, 2012

Wow, it has been awhile! What a busy summer. Here's just a little of what I've been up to:

This is my new favorite brownie recipe... double chocolate coconut brownies - yum!

 

I adapted the recipe from this King Arthur Flour recipe

Double Chocolate Coconut Brownies

INGREDIENTS 

4 eggs
1 1/4 cups cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut extract

INSTRUCTIONS


1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (This is the step I always forget :)

2. Beat the eggs with the cocoa, salt, baking powder, coconut extract and vanilla till smooth. 

3. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, add the sugar and stir. Heat briefly until the mixture is hot but not bubbling; it'll become shiny looking as you stir it. 

4. Add the hot butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth.
5. Add the flour and chocolate chips, again stirring until smooth.

6. Pour the batter into a non-stick brownie pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick poked into the center comes out with just crumbs, not wet batter. 

Optionally, adding a tablespoon of Bailey's adds another great aspect of flavor. I also want to try adding lemon zest or orange zest, or a tablespoon of peach schnapps
-------------------------------
I've suddenly become a hat person - don't know where that came from. But I've collected a whole bunch of cute hats over the past few months, and made this hat rack to store them / show them off:


 
I'm really pleased. It has made my room so much more homey :) 

---------------------------------

Now that Fall is almost here, I'm super excited about...
Restarting aerials class (off for August)

Apple cider

Caramel apples

Getting to wear sweaters



1 comment:

  1. Ooh those brownies look SOOO good, are they the same kind you made with Jon a while back? They were really yummy. I ate one and didn't realize it had coconut in it till you told me, it's subtle but it works really well for people who don't like coconut that much too. :)

    *hugs* your hat rack is lovely, too. I'm so glad you've finished it! :)

    ReplyDelete