Monday, May 6, 2013

New Adventure #12: Flavor Tripping

Have you heard of Miracle Berries? I thought they were a myth when I first heard of them. They're a funny little fruit that, when eaten, changes your perceptions of flavors such that sour foods taste sweet. 

You can get them in convenient tablet form here. (And they're perfectly legal and safe, nothing shady!)

I got to try them when some friends had a "flavor tripping" party. You just roll one tablet around on your tongue until it dissolves and then taste away! It was great fun trying different foods after my sense of taste was altered. Lemons were my favorite. The sourness wasn't completely gone, but they tasted like the most delicious sweet lemonade. 

Be aware that only your taste-buds are affected, not your tummy. If you drink a bottle of lemon juice it will taste delicious, but the miracle berries won't protect you from the stomach ache after.

No comments:

Post a Comment