Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Little Garden

The first 60 degree day of the year always puts me in a fever of excitement for being outdoors: picnicking, swimming, playing, and gardening.

I love a garden. As a child we had a wonderful big one with tomatoes, peas, beans, carrots, zucchini, eggplants, parsley, strawberries, peppers, and probably more. I started one last year, but ended up letting it die of thirst. I expect this was mostly a case of out of sight, out of mind. This year I put my garden right next to my door so I can't fail to feel guilty if I neglect it. Here it is:



Okay, it's a modest little garden, but it's mine and I love it. There are snap peas in back, strawberries in front, and two kinds of tomatoes on the right. If I don't manage to kill them, I'll write later about how they get on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment